Over the past month, I've noticed that many of our guests are jetting off to somewhere warm. If you're one of the lucky ones planning a vacation, good for you! I am jealous. But I'm also happy for you, truly. So to show there are no hard feelings, I'm going to share my ideas for a perfect capsule wardrobe for your getaway. Because really, there's nothing worse than stressing over what to pack. Unless it's over-packing; overpacking is definitely worse. Ideally you want a few key pieces that share a color story and can be worn in a variety of combinations and contexts. At Intrigue, we have everything you'll need except the bathing suit (we don't sell bathing suits, because we love you, dear guests, and we don't want to put you through that kind of trauma). After all, this is your happy place!
We've been getting in tons of vacation-ready items to take you from head to toe, day to night. If it were me packing, here are the 10 items I would take, starting from the top:
- Hat: Shiraleah makes the most amazing accessories, and the prices are incredibly reasonable. We have this Vanessa straw hat in black and natural for only $15! Yes, you read that right! Or we have 1 left of the Ventura, which is like a cross between a fedora and a cowboy hat. So cool, and only $29. Both will keep you shielded from the tropical sun
- Sunglasses: I'm obsessed with Krewe sunglasses in general, but in particular these Laveau Zulu Gradients for $275 are everything.
- Coverup: I'd be hard pressed to decide between this adorable Shiraleah Lavinia yellow checked coverup; at $53, it's a steal - or this fabulous Subtle Luxury kimono/duster for $100. (confession: I'd probably take both, shhhh...).
- Lightweight sweater: You'll want something with a little coverage for those cooler evenings. Again, there are so many great choices. The Wooden Ships 3/4-sleeve ballet sweater in white is a perfect throw-on for any sleeveless top or dress. My newest obsession is this Dream On airy pullover by Lisa Todd, at $222. I'd pair it with white jeans or shorts.
- Cute top: There's something about this Fifteen Twenty tiger peasant top for $194 that I'm loving. Maybe it's the color or flattering fit...or that it can be worn tucked in or out.
- Easy dress: The Lola & Sophie black hi/lo dress for $195 is the go-to choice for versatility. It's comfortable, easy and elegant. It looks great with flat metallic sandals, strappy heels, or the wedges featured below.
- White jeans: Don't leave home without them. Seriously. The Frame LeHigh straight-leg jean with gold chain belt is stunning and on-trend. We'll be getting lots more styles and brands in-store soon, so keep checking back.
- Straw tote: The Shiraleah Amaris tote doubles as a carry-on and a beach bag. At $92.00, it's a no-brainer.
- Clutch: Shiraleah again! I'd choose between the Harlow wood frame clutch in black, or - for a pop of color - lemon. At only $52, you may want to get both. (but only bring one, lol!)
- Wedge sandals: These Homers Artisan wedge slingback sandals in black are so versatile. Not only are they flattering and comfy, they go with literally every look. Plus they weigh practically nothing.
These 10 items (plus your bathing suit and flat sandals) should see you through a long weekend getaway, in comfort and style. If you're going away for longer, maybe throw in an extra top and dress. When it's my turn to go away, I promise I will try to practice what I preach (I am a notorious over-packer). So come and visit us at Intrigue before your next trip! We're here for you in-store and online!